You would like to know more about what it takes to bond two bunnies, one of OHRR’s Bonding Experts, Amy Shears has created a handy list of tips and tricks for bonding bunnies if you have been working on bonding two of your bunnies for a while, or.
Follow our recommendations and everything shall be fine!
- Both rabbits should always be spayed/neutered. The strong hormones in unaltered bunnies may cause aggressive and/or sexual behavior. Because it can take some time for the hormones to get out of their systems after they are spayed/neutered you will want to wait a few weeks before starting the bonding process.
- It will always be far better allow your rabbit choose whom they would like to live with. The bonding procedure is supposed to be much easier them pick their own bunny buddy if you let!
- You really need to allow your bunny meet 2-3 rabbits through the process that is dating. This can permit you to compare exactly how most of the times went. It may seem the very first date had been great, then again observe that the next or third date really ended up being more productive. Although male-female bonding is often the simplest, female-female and male-male could also work. It’s good to keep in mind that bonding is approximately character and never in regards to the size or strain of the prospective friend!
- Whenever you bring your brand brand new home that is bunny set their x-pens close to each other about 3-inches aside. You don’t want them in order to bite and injure the other person since the pens are way too near.
- Spot their meals in the s >Help! My bunnies are fighting and I also don’t know very well what to do!
Suggestions for a hard bonding procedure:
1. Stress bonding is performed when you wish to obtain the rabbits to master to trust one another and/or to avoid them from fighting. They will lean on each other for comfort when you put two bunnies in a stressful situation. Here are some anxiety bonding strategies. Continue Reading ->